Posted in Typeface
Grilli Type / GT Pressura / GT Walsheim / GT Haptik
Swiss type foundry Grilli Type keep on producing beautiful typefaces — check them out
Grilli Type Information
About Grilli Type:
Grilli Type is an independent Swiss type foundry. We offer original retail and bespoke typefaces–high quality products with a contemporary aesthetic in the Swiss tradition. This tradition is reflected in the visual but also the technical standard of our fonts and our service. Together with our designers and collaborators we aim to create useful, high quality typefaces that stand the test of time.
About the founders:
Noël Leu is a graphic designer living in Zürich, Switzerland. He likes typography and Arnold Schwarzenegger, whom he hopes to see as the next American president, or as master of the universe.
Thierry Blancpain is a geography buff and a Zürich-based designer. He likes curves and cats. At night he works hard to take over the world.
About GT Pressura
Inspired by type stamped on shipping boxes, GT Pressura uses the visual effect of ink spreading under pressure as a stylistic device. The condensed sans serif alludes to a scientific background but with its rounded corners shows a soft and friendly side in larger sizes.
About GT Walsheim
Inspired by the lettering of Swiss poster designer legend Otto Baumberger from the 1930s, GT Walsheim is a friendly but precise typeface. Unlike other geometric sans-serifs, it sports warm curves and wears a broad smile. This allows for use in both large and small sizes.
About GT Haptik
GT Haptik is a Grotesque typeface with a very special characteristic: Its uppercase letters and numbers are optimized to be read blindfolded and by touching them. Because of that its glyphs are monoline and geometrical. Optical criteria become secondary. This gives the typeface a weird but also very charmful touch that plays well not only in display sizes, but also for short text use.
– Exhibition Kunstszene ZürichDesign by Buero146, www.buero146.chPhotos by Sandro Fiechter
– Alla HornDesign by Marcus Hollands, www.marcushollands.comPhotos by Cydney Holm
– Treibhaus PosterDesign by “Ilg, Trüb”, www.ilgtrueb.ch
– SergeyMonograph on the occasion of the exhibition Sergey Bratkov, Glory Days, Fotomuseum Winterthur, 7 June – 24 August 2008Design by Moiré, www.moire.ch
– Keith TysonFor Parasol unit,Design by Moiré, www.moire.ch
– Die Totale AufklärungCatalogue for the exhibition Total Enlightenment. Moscow Conceptual Art 1960–1990Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt, 21 June–14 September 2008 andFundacion Juan March Madrid, 10 October 2008 – 11 January 2009Design by Moiré, www.moire.ch
– OpenData.ch LogoDesign by Thierry Blancpain, www.thierryblancpain.com
– GMAADesign by GVA Studio, www.gvastudio.com
– TOKOAustralian Publishers Association Best Book AwardsDesign by TOKO, www.toko.nu
– DieselDesign by SMFB, www.smfb.com
– InfotagDesign by Feixen, www.feixen.ch
– Post Apocalyptic Science Fiction B-MoviesAwarded with the Most Beautiful Swiss Books award 2011Design by Noël Leu, www.noelleu.com